The Benefits of Grafted Vegetables
A Customer asked why should I buy Grafted Vegetables rather than normal seed grown vegetables?
Well that is a good question. For years gardeners have been growing their own vegetable plants from seed so why change things. The answer is that by growing grafted vegetables you will get more produce, in the same amount of space, for the same amount of work! In some cases it is even less work too.
Grafted Vegetables are good vegetable varieties grafted on to a vigorous rootstock. This rootstock is a bit like rocket fuel for a normal seed grown vegetable. Growing like this has been shown to result in:
• Plants that are larger and faster growing
• Plants that have better resistance to pests and diseases
• Plants that are better performing in areas with little or even no heating – eg. unheated greenhouses or in the garden outside
• Plants that perform well outside planted straight into your soil or grown in pots
• Plants that have a much higher produce yield – seasons produce period is earlier and longer. This is particularly good in gardens or patios with limited space
Because the plants fruit have vigorous roots they are best grown in large pots or in vegetable beds rather than in grow bags. Just feed the plants with Tomato Food as you normally would. We have Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Aubergines, Sweet Peppers, Chilli Peppers and Cucumbers available from early April.